Tonya Martin and I worked on revising some of the stuff I had written for the grant and while I was back in the administrative offices, I saw all of the head nurses and administrators busily going through files trying to provide the DHEC people information. It was like a quiz type thing. I guess you never really get away from quizzes even after you leave school. By tomorrow DHEC should be gone, and we should know out rating, dum dum dummmm.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
D What the Heck
I'm on the verge of rapping up the grant. I'm really just waiting on invoices from various supply orders and specialist referrals. Since I was just waiting on those things, and wasn't too bust, and everyone else preoccupied with DHEC stuff, I decided to join in on the residents arts and crafts session. I worked on coloring on a picture while the residents painted, played with play-dough, or made bead bracelets. Immediately when I started coloring, a woman from the other end of the table noticed I was left-handed and said "He's left-handed. He's smart." That made me pretty happy since I pride myself o being left-handed. I also was sitting across from a 98 -year-old woman who managed to put together a puzzle. Granted it was a four piece puzzle, but still. It was impressive for a woman her age. She didn't want to leave me when the session was over and tried holding on to the table and not letting go. The staff had to gently coax her into going back upstairs. I have been hanging out with Sherri lately. She's been serving as the interim Activities Director in addition to her other numerous roles she has. She always teases me about not answering the phone, but she says that she only teases because she likes me. She also told me how she overheard a group of nurses talking about how sharp I looked today thanks to wearing the shirt that Maggie got me for my birthday/Christmas ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment