Thursday, June 11, 2009

Catch Up

I have been very lax about keeping this blog up to date, so I attempt to play some catch up. I probably have not been writing anything because nothing too exciting has really happened. I've mainly been working on the grant or Helping Hands Clinic. It is more of the same of what I have been doing. Pulling files, searching the rolodex, etc.

I went home for Maggie's graduation and all of the aunts and Abbie were in town. I got to see a lot of people from high school which was good. Kristy and I went to the new CCHS Dukie's grad party and then went to Emily's house for S'mores! I used my Boy Scout skills to build a fire WITHOUT rubbing two sticks together. Sorry, not possible. Brandon and I drove back to Marion together. We got a little lost towards the end, but like people say, it is a small town and not that hard to find your way back if you get lost.

Same 'ol same 'ol at the office. Grant writing. It is actually called the Interim Evaluation Report. One day we lost power in the Clinic, but the lights came back on quickly because the entire hospital system is on several generators. Apparently the power outrage reached all the way out in Marion.

Saturday was Benton's graduation party, so the Cheraw kids came down and we went to that. We met all of Benton's family, including another graduate going to Duke next year to play football (he has a good name. It's John). When Stormi was trying to park the car there was kind of a horse in the way. Don also came down and spent Saturday with us. We all decided to go to Broadway at the beach and ate out at Tripp's. Since Stormi knew people who worked there we managed to get our tables combine which was actually kind of a big deal.

Nothing too much happened at work this week . . . or so I thought. On Tuesday, I was working back in the Clinic when Tonya McKenzie got a phoen call from the Nursing Center saying that DHEC was here. DHEc stands for Department of Health and Environmental Control. They are the people that inspect the nursing home and give it its star rating. They give a surprise inspection every 18 months or so and it had been 17 since our last one so we knew they would be coming any day now. Before I could leave for the day I had to go back to the Nursing Center to get all of my stuff. But before I could go, Tonya made a point of photocopying a bunch of information like their Acronyms for hospital procedures (RACE = Remove, alert, contain, extinguish for fires) and Codes (like Code Red, Code Blue, etc.) She made a point of saying it was my right to have those papers in case a DHEC official stopped me and quizzed me. This got me kind of worried. Luckily nobody stopped me. I did see a posters up on all the doors announcing the inspection and certain dates. The signs said they would be there through Thursday. When I saw Tonya Martin, she looked pretty shaken. This was a big ordeal and would be a very long, tough, 3 days for her and the nursing center.

This pretty much catches me up to today's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment