Continuing with the weekend roundup . . .
We didn't do too much on Saturday. Some of us went to FATZ (I felt the need to capitalize it) for like a 3 o'clock lunch. The weather was not the greatest because it was raining on and off again. When we got back we decided to watch a movie. Since a lot of us had not seen American Beauty we opted for that. Definitely a good choice, we all loved it. I would watch again, and I don't say that for many movies. Later that night Maria and I watched the Virgin Suicides since it was a double feature with American Beauty. Bad choice. The movie was horrible. NEVER watching it again. I guess we couldn't have gone two for two in one day. I had to kill a cockroach up there too. Not cool. However, the upstairs apartment was actually a pretty good setup and roomy (without 5 girls there it was actually pretty nice). The second floor porch was also a good place for us to hang out and listen to music as we looked out over the neighborhood.
Sunday was really fun because we all went to the Cheraw State Park to go canoeing and kayaking. We did the usual thing and paddled over to the docks so we could go swimming. Unfortunately just as we got there it started to rain pretty hard. We and all of our stuff got soaked. Since we were already wet we decided to jump in the lake anyway. It was a very cinematic experience to go swimming in the lake while it was raining. The rain actually let up pretty quickly though and got sunny which was nice. As Maria and I were boarding our canoe to head back, we had the unfortunate experience of capsizing and falling in the lake after we had dried off and put all of our dry clothes on. Oh well, things happen. After we got cleaned up from the lake (which was pretty dirty) some of us decided to go out to a Japanese restaurant. The food was incredibly good. We got back and Ben, Nancy, Maria, and I decided to watch The Godfather since only Ben had seen it. The girls didn't quite make it through the entire movie, but Ben and I enjoyed it.
On Monday, Charlotte, Stormi, Davis, and I headed over to the Spears' pool to go swimming and lay out since it was a really nice day. Charlotte, Stormi, and I had gotten pretty acquainted with the pool last year when we visited so it was nice to go back again. The dogs may have been a little bit more intimidating at first though, but once they got quieted down they were softies. After the pool we checked out the local bargain clothing store for some awesome, and always useful, thrift clothes. Back at the house we watched Night at the Museum (man, we watched a lot of movies this weekend) and had tacos thanks to the Alejandro. Driving back, we managed not to get lost and arrived back in Marion for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment